WordPress is a management system that allows you to work with site content and administer a resource. When starting web development, you definitely will meet this system. The engine is installed on the hosting which is basically a computer, but it is always connected to the network and works without interruption.
WordPress hosting is a special type of web hosting optimized for the WordPress CMS. This software is designed to perform important tasks:
- Simplify the administration process for dummies. With the help of CMS, you can easily publish content, insert links, moderate comments, upload photos and videos, create product cards, etc;
- Manage subscribers and employees. WordPress has several categories of contributors: from subscriber to admin. For each of them, you can set separate access to the administrative panel tools;
- Display web pages to users. When a person visits the site, the page for the visitor is formed from templates of text, video, pictures, comments and other elements. All this happens very quickly, individual elements are combined into a common file and displayed on the computer screen.
This way, you don’t have to worry about not having access to basic tools, features and software. WordPress hosting taking care of such things:
- Server architecture;
- Basic operating system: pre-configured and optimized Linux OS;
- Web server software: Apache or Nginx;
- Database server: MySQL or MariaDB;
- WordPress software;
- Pre-configured and optimized plugins and tools for important features like search engine optimization, security, caching and others.
WordPress hosting is not only about installing and configuring hardware and software, but also constantly maintaining them, updating, monitoring and troubleshooting them.
WordPress is an open source engine, so both experienced web developers and begginers can work with the CMS. Moreover, the system is absolutely free
Image by Kevin Phillips from Pixabay